Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tiny Knit R2D2


A friend had a request, and it seemed simple at first:  knit an R2D2.  After all, R2D2 is pretty much just a cylinder with some attachments.  So I took up the challenge and looked at some R2D2 patterns.  Unfortunately, most of them were for crochet, which is not my medium of choice (obviously).  After thinking about it for a while, I ended up looking at a number of patterns and kind of making one up myself.


As someone that has never seen Star Wars, this was a bit of a challenge since R2D2 is such a classic character.  I didn't know any of the visual cues that would indicate that my creation is truly R2D2.

I present the final product, which is now living happy with Laura.  I have received confirmation from several bona fide Star Wars fans that have indicate that, yes, my R2D2 is recognizable and even pretty cute!  Below are a few more pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment